Friday, May 1, 2020
Overcoming Chaotic Times with an Unstoppable Business Strategy
During the Battle of Bunker Hill, Revolutionary Major General Putnam issued a common command, “Do not fire till you see the whites of their eyes!” As the advancing Redcoats who represented King George and his over taxation of our 13 Colonies found out that Americans would only take so much before they would revolt. Despite losing this battle, the colonial forces inflicted significant casualties against the tyrants providing them with an important boost of confidence during the Siege of Boston ultimately paving the way for the United States as we have known it for the last 244 years.
Business owners are a lot like the Founding Fathers and our Revolutionary Soldiers who bravely fought for freedom. The Founding Fathers built a frame of government for the new United States of America upon republican principles during the latter decades of the 18th century. The group came from a variety of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as occupations, some with no prior political experience. They had a dream and despite being under funded, no major experience running a country, not compliant with mainstream ideals; they paved the way for the United States to become a World Super Power for over two centuries.
Business owners are in the same boat today. They have taken risk often leveraging all of their savings to provide a product or service to customers. Entrepreneurs provide jobs and allow others to make a living to provide for their family. Small Business Owners provide the majority of jobs in America today.
Despite obstacles; they continue to fight the good fight and keep the economy going. They endure Recessions every decade and overcame The Great Depression in 1929. Because of government regulations over an overhyped seasonal virus, the United States is facing The 2nd Great Depression today. However, Business Owners will find a way to survive, rebuild and thrive and hopefully the American citizens will rally around them.
Key points to assure your business the best opportunity to overcome obstacles that may prevent you from fulfilling your mission:
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This is looking like it will be a new normal as we go into grocery stores and other places of business. While some may think this is over reacting, many of your clients or consumers have been frightened by the information they have received. Therefore, we suggest looking at companies like Apache Commodities and invest in making sure your place of business makes your employees and customers feel safe.
· Daily Post. There must be a method behind your post. Are the post engaging to customers? Do they create an emotion that can create a call to action? If you are paying a company to put the same post on your sites as every other one of their clients sites than you are not understanding how daily post work. In addition, you should be putting daily post on all of your social media sites to make sure you are optimizing the opportunity to reach additional customers.
· Blogs. These are written pieces that have the ability to educate the consumer with facts and supporting documents. Great stories on how the product or service is being used can validate these assertions. It is also important to insert current events into these blogs. Letting the public know that you know what is going on in the world is important. Each blog should include backlinks, mentions and citations to your website and place of business. They should be original.
· Online Reviews. Many companies talk about getting a “lot of stars”, but reviews are so much more than that. The goal is to have customers mention the product/service, why they visited your business and who specifically helped them. Have you ever notices negative reviews state all of these things, but positive reviews might be a one word or one sentence on why they are happy? Businesses should make it available and easy for their happy customers to be able to share their complete experience with the world on multiple platforms. Video Testimonies should also be part of every businesses digital media strategy. If we can see a customer truly happy, then it is more believable. If you are a business that still pays for “Fake Reviews” customers can see through this. Number one, those reviews are not being looked at by the average customer and number two, if you are spending that much time on “Fake Reviews” your business will never achieve maximum profitability. Recently, Google and Yelp shutdown the ability for your customers to give reviews. However, they have opened back up. The most important thing for you to remember is this New Normal will be New to everyone. Therefore it is inevitable that your company will have a period of adjustments. It will be vital for you to respond to each of these reviews, both positive and negative.
· Video Messaging. There is nothing better than a candid video that talks about your business or the service you provide. The most searched videos are “How to Videos”. Everyone utilizes the internet to find information. If you want people to search your business, you better have the information they are looking for. These videos can also be archived on your website for future customers to see and hear what you have to say. The best Online Review is a Video Testimony. By doing this, your happy customer is validating what you are advertising.
· Automated Follow-Up. Customer Retention is easier and less expensive than acquiring new customers. Your digital strategy should have a consistent approach to letting the customer know you care. This should also be in a digital format to allow your customer to easily share the information with all of their friends and family if they desire. A follow-up video can be even stronger as the customer will see and feel your sincerity when viewed.
· Website Optimization. When it comes to E-commerce, businesses must understand their website is their digital Brick and Mortal Location. Their contact information should be very easy to find as well as information on their products or services. Their site must be optimized, but that means all of their social media sites should drive traffic back to their website. A business website should also have information that shows why their customers should utilize their business with supporting information. However, this supporting information should not make it where a customer would leave their site and go to a competitor’s site one button click away. The New Normal will require businesses to be able to sell and provide their services digitally. For companies like restaurants, they will need to utilize the website to find additional sources of revenue or streamline their services. A strong website should not cost you Thousands of Dollars a month.
· Ability to Adapt. If someone asked me 6 months ago if I expected our country to be turned upside down like it is today, I would have brushed them off. We have always heard about flying cars and telecommuting, but really thought that these futuristic concepts would enter our world when we are gone. Whether you are looking at clothing, dining establishments, traveling or delivering goods and services to consumers; there will be a New Normal. If you do not adjust when creating business plans your business will become archaic and lose market share. Research and follow the mindset of your consumer. Look into Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technology or companies that can provide automated “no touch” programs. You might not like it, but it is coming!
· Network and Collaborate. Now more than ever it is important to talk with others. As business owners, we have an opportunity to pave the way for future generations. Join a networking group. It’s easy to set one up. Talk to a few clients and schedule a Zoom or GoTo meeting once a month. Discuss issues that are affecting your business and listen to their concerns as well. See if you can help each other. Do this out of kindness. The more people you help, the more people will want to help you.
· Be Understanding but Demand Better. The politicians don’t have all of the answers. Their job security is based on one more vote than 50% of the votes cast to remain in office. The media will not always provide the best answers. Their job security is based on a great story that will create more views, so they can sell more advertisement. The Medical Community is not always right. Theories and the interpretation of science always changes. As technology becomes more advance answers will change. Remember, George Washington died because his doctor used a leach to suck out poison from his body. He actually bled to death after being sick. Science will change. Realize that there are people who are afraid to leave their house by what they have heard. They may have a loved one who they think might die if they are around anyone who might be sick. Nobody wants to have a loved one taken away from them. Now, just because you are understanding does not mean you have to agree. Demand the best from others and yourself.
· Be Transparent. Telling the public what you think is not bad. Let them know where you stand and why you feel that way. If you are provided with valid points, listen and change your message accordingly, but let the public know why. Let your employees know what is going on. Americans love success stories and they want you to succeed. By being honest with them, they will identify with you and be more likely to become a customer for life.
DeliveryMaxx has been the leader in this arena over the last decade and continues to help businesses in all sectors reach their potential customers through the most innovative digital strategy utilizing common sense and today’s technology. Our clients experience positive Online Reputation, stronger SEO, concise content management, increase in social media engagement and advertisement and higher customer retention. We are able to customize and create a strategy for any entity that is trying to gain more exposure on the web. With clients in multiple industries and across the country such as Automotive Dealerships, Real-Estate Brokers & Agents, Churches, Service Industry, Sports Teams, Non-Profit Organizations and more; we utilize our Patent-Pending Program to develop a digital strategy that will meet the needs of sales, service and messaging to the masses.
DeliveryMaxx is one of the only digital media company that provides a simple to use app which will allow to immediately collect online reviews, post engaging videos and online content with branding and advertising. The program is embedded with digital code helping increase SEO which provides first page results on the Search Engines. It is a tool that is implanted with a complete digital strategy giving their clients a competitive advantage over the competition. For more information about DeliveryMaxx contact (888) 938-6299 or watch the DeliveryMaxx Introduction Video!